- 1 pound carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- In a large cast-iron pot or heavy pot, combine carrots, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the carrots and bring to a boil.
- Cook over moderately high heat while stirring, until the carrots are shiny and the liquid is syrupy. (about 40 minutes)
- Let the carrot jam cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.